Accessibility Minutes 2010 12 01

From MemberWiki

Jump to: navigation, search


  • Jon Gunderson (University of Illinois - Co-Chair)
  • Rich Schwerdtfeger (IBM - Co-Chair)
  • Ann Abbott (IBM)
  • David Todd (IBM)
  • Marc Johlic (IBM)
  • Prasanna Bale (University of Illinois)
  • Nathan Jakubiak (Parasoft)




Marc Johlic - scribe

RS: Charter has been approved


JG: Do we need to develop best practices for manual checking?

RS: Trying to automate as much as possible - do we want to state the best way to manual test using tools?

JG: Should have some information on how to perform manual tests - ie 'what procedures will you follow'. First priority should be to get as much automation as possible, but should also give information on manual testing.

JG: We are collecting information for manual checks now and could be incorporated into Reporting Best Practices - can be stored on OAA website or exported back to the wiki if we need to. Maybe integrated into Rules 1.1

RS: Where are we with Rules Format 1.0 ? Are we happy with the format?

NJ: So far it's been fine

RS: Potential issue is that it's one big file - can cause issue when someone is working on the file - do we need to break it up?

JG: We have 4 rule files now. Breaking up could make it more difficult to decide which rule file it goes into.

<Prasanna_Bale>RS: If we want to support HTML 5.o, what would that mean to what we have now? do we have to make separate rules for it?

RS: We need to see where HTML 5 maps to the same thing as ARIA

JG: If we have just one file for all of the public rules, it could make it easier for people to integrate into their own systems


Jon will look at the current rules this week and see if there is a better way to break the files up

JG: ARIA Validation can change to 'Widget Rules' as an example


JG: Will update the page / section above

Topic: xpath library issue in javascript-xpath.js file

NJ: Working to fix that issue. For now we can just disable it

JG: Have you been able to look at meta information and used the test suite to validate?

NJ: We have not used the test suite yet, but we will be able to do that.

JG: Next week's agenda - go over file naming and organization, reviewing 1.0 spec and taking a vote on whether it's ready,

JG: Is there a formal voting mechanism?

RS: Rich will check on that

JG: Nathan will continue working on xpath issue

JG: and take a look at manual check rules.

Personal tools