Accessibility Minutes 2010 01 27

From MemberWiki

Jump to: navigation, search


  • Michael Squillace (IBM - chair)
  • Rich Schwerdtfeger (IBM - Co-Chair)
  • Ann Abbott (IBM)
  • Dylan Barrell (Deque)
  • Jon Gunderson (University of Illinois)
  • Nathan Jukubiak (Parasoft)
  • Shawn Lauriat (IBM)
  • Vio Onut (IBM)


Topic: CSUN Presentations

Presentation is Friday 3/26 at 8am

Rich is going

Constantine from Rational is going

Vio is trying to get approval

Dylan or Preety will go

Nathan is going

Rich to do overview of goals & objectives

Mike will talk about strategy for WCAG 2 valication rules and rule format (logic and rule set)

Mike: will only have 7 - 10 minutes each speaker

Jon may be able to move up his presentation from very last on Sunday

Rich will have 3 - 4 slides (6-8 mins) and Mike will do same

Rich: will squeeze into 3 slides (6 mins) and Mike will do same

Nathan: will do quick demo (5 mins)

Vio: will do quick demo and technical side and Constantine will present strategy (15 mins)

Dylan: demo or presentation (10 mins)

Jon: will take 15 minutes

Mike: Scale back Vio/Constantine and Jon to 10 minutes

Leaves 13 minutes for Q&A

Restatement of time allotted:

Rich: 6 mins

Mike: 6 mins

Nathan: 5 mins

Vio/Constantine: 10 mins

Dylan: 10 mins

Jon: 10 mins

Q&A: 13 mins

Should do all slides/demos from one machine to save available time

Jon needs internet connection

Mike: didn't ask for internet connection but typically get one - will ask

Vio also needs internet connection

Jon needs firebug installed

Ann: think this should be set up before leaving for CSUN

all agree

Dry run March 10 on OAA call

should be done on Windows machine

Vio: set up on two machines as fail-over

Vio: one can be his machine

Vio: attendance is under review so maybe shouldn't volunteer his machine

Shawn: use a thumb drive to store all

Vio: create a VM image for each

Rich: what are dependencies?

Vio: Windows dependency

Dylan: running in cloud/Firefox dependency

Dylan: may go to presentation instead of demo - wary of live demos

Jon: will do video which can be shared later

Ann: make sure all presentations are accessible

Nathan: will do slides or video instead of demo

Vio: will do slides or video - many variables that can go wrong with live demo

Vio will let Rich know whether presentation or live demo

Vio: will have backup video

Rich: make sure videos are captioned

Mike: needs to have Rich chair next call

Rich: Mike to send email to Rich on what to cover next call

Vio: what is audience?

Mike: educators, reps of business, wide variety

Rich: gov officials

Rich will send Mike slide deck

Mike: all slides would be best to consolidate into one deck

Mike: use Powerpoint, ok?

all agreed

Let Rich know by next call whether live demo or presentation

Dylan: move live demos to end?

Mike: this will break up flow

All agreed to move live demos to end so not to impact other presentations

Reporting Best Practices moved to next week so Rich can have input

Call ended at 9:42am Central--AnnAbbott 23:02, 3 February 2010 (UTC)

Personal tools