Accessibility Minutes 2009 11 18

From MemberWiki

Jump to: navigation, search


  • Michael Squillace (IBM - chair)
  • Ann Abbott (IBM)
  • Sandy Foltz (University of Illinois)
  • Jon Gunderson (University of Illinois)
  • Dylan Barrell (Deque)
  • Shawn Lauriat (IBM)
  • Vio Onut (IBM)
  • Nathan Jacobiak (ParaSoft)
  • David Bolter (Mozilla) not on the phone (just channel lurking)


Ann: Sandy and Ann sent agenda to Dylan

Mike provided overview of group goals and activities to-date

Sandy: Accessibility Reporting Best Practices [1]

Ann: Errors difficult to track back when testing Portal

Jon: not sure necessary to standardize on display as each vendor has unique method based on customer needs, but awareness would be good. Main focus should be on rules.

Vio: concentrate on rule sets. Reporting is important but there are proprietary issues regarding methods of displaying errors.

Dylan: what is statement of group's goals and objectives?

Mike: included on wiki main page

Mike: Reporting best practices is different than what to display in a report.

Jon: rule set includes messages associated with each rule.

Shawn: understanding of group's goals and objectives is to interpret WCAG 2.0 to a set of rules to apply to web pages and reporting the results

Shawn: until more rules are defined, won't have reporting defined. Starting with rules is good idea.

Mike: does the group want to table Reporting best practices and focus more on the rule set?

Mike: table Reporting best practices for now and let Rich provide input later.

Vio: went over format issues - waiting for developer input, will provide to Mike upon receipt.

Mike: or send to mail list

Mike: urges all to go into repository & look at code

Mike: Open Ajax Accessibility Forum Oct2009 [2]

Mike: Version property for rules - how to?

Mike: Images, titling, and heading rules exist now

Sandy: thinks it is a bit early to verision rules at this time. Need to agree on criterion level first.

Sandy: example - rules under Headings now were under Title before

Mike: only logic change should affect rule version number

Sandy: agree

Mike: with limited rules existing today, now is the time for everyone to review, edit, add

Mike: Rules directory contains Javascript logic (Rule logic objects) and Rule set rule logic

Shawn: Wants to start working on rules and adding code

Mike: uses Rhino

Mike: to run, use Firebug

Jon: how difficult is it to add rules to Firebug?

Sandy: currently not in a state to add rules

Sandy: OAA app is specific to running OAA rules - will send note when it is ready

Mike: hold off on version attributes until more folks look at rules.

Cancel next Wednesday's call due to Holiday.

Next meeting on Dec 2, assuming Rich can chair call.

09:52 CST Call ended

Personal tools