[OpenAjaxSteeringCommittee] Spring meeting (was Agenda for tomorrow's phone call)

Jon Ferraiolo jferrai at us.ibm.com
Sun Feb 1 08:49:35 PST 2009

Hi Howard,
I added the two ACTIONs to the official minutes:

*
http://www.openajax.org/member/wiki/Steering_Committee_Minutes_2009-01-30#Next_face-to-face

This was a minor, non-controversial change. Let's *NOT* re-vote on
accepting the minutes. The wiki page now says that the minutes were
approved.

Jon

             Howard Weingram
             <weingram at tibco.c
                                       Jon Ferraiolo/Menlo Park/IBM at IBMUS
             01/31/2009 09:33                                           cc
             PM                        <steeringcommittee at openajax.org>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Spring meeting (was Agenda for
                                       tomorrow's phone call)

With the additions, I will be +1 TIBCO on the minutes.

hw

On 1/31/09 8:30 AM, "Jon Ferraiolo" <jferrai at us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hi Howard,
> As I remember, the actions in this area were:
> * Jon, to research options and make a proposal about how to have meetings
> of some sort (face-to-face, remote video meeting, or webinars)  in the
> spring
> * Mike, to help Jon understand the gotowebinar technology that Eclipse is
> using
> I haven't had time to research or think things through yet, but might as
> well bat things around on email.
>
> Here is one approach that I was going to explore:
> * Set up an interactive members-only live webinar that gets recorded. The
> general thrust would be like our previous face-to-face meetings, where
> there is a presenter with interactive dialog with the OpenAjax members
who
> attend. The key difference is that the meeting would be over the Web
> instead of in person.
> * We could reserve a couple of conference rooms for people to attend the
> webinar in the same room together. For example, all of us from the Bay
Area
> could go to the same conference room, and maybe a similar thing could
> happen in a few other locations.
>
> But one key thing I don't know yet is whether gotowebinar or other
services
> provide interactive features, such as chat sessions. (I assume they do)
> Then the next question is whether the interactive dialogs are captured by
> the recording software. (I assume that they can only capture the main
> presenter, which means the presenter has to repeat key questions that
come
> up in the chat sessions.)
>
> Jon
>

>              Howard Weingram
>              <weingram at tibco.c
>              om>
>                                        Jon Ferraiolo/Menlo
Park/IBM at IBMUS,
>              01/30/2009 06:18          <steeringcommittee at openajax.org>
>              PM

>                                        Re: [OpenAjaxSteeringCommittee]
>                                        Agenda for tomorrow's phone call
>

> Re face to face:
> Does this mean that you decided not to pursue the remote thing?
>
> hw
>
> On 1/29/09 8:55 AM, "Jon Ferraiolo" <jferrai at us.ibm.com> wrote:
>

>> Here is the proposed agenda for tomorrow's Steering Committee phone
call.

>> Jon
>>
>> ----------
>>

>> Next meeting
>>       Date/Time: Friday Jan 30, 1pm US-PT, 4pm US-ET
>>       Dial-in Number(s):
>>             Toll Free: 1-877-422-0052
>>             Toll: 1-314-655-1417
>>             Participant Pin access code: 580946
>>       Agenda
>>             Rechartering approved for Interoperability WG and IDE WG
>>                   Reminder: we did not recharter Marketing WG
>>             OpenAjax Hub 1.1 (Interoperability WG)
>>                   In the midst of final API discussions
>>                   In the midst of final editorial work
>>                   Open source reference implementation tracking
> last-minute
>>                   spec changes
>>                   Test suite needs lots of work still, will be a major
>>                   focus in coming weeks
>>                   Shooting for starting approval process in March, with
>>                   press activity upon approval
>>             OpenAjax Metadata 1.0 (IDE WG)
>>                   Only a couple of picayune open issues
>>                   Final push: completion and review of final editorial
> text
>>                   Shooting for approval sometime soon after Hub 1.1,
with
>>                   press activity upon approval
>>             Mashable Widgets features for OpenAjax Metadata (Gadgets TF)
>>                   Mashup/gadgets features were split off (temporarily?)
>>                   into separate spec
>>                   IBM is working on concrete proposals
>>                   Once we have concrete proposals, Gadgets TF will kick
>>                   back into gear
>>                   Once proposals are fleshed out in Gadgets TF, the TF
> will
>>                   create recommendations for how to turn into an
official
>>                   spec
>>                         Probably as incremental chapter(s) to OpenAjax
>>                         Metadata spec, published by IDE WG
>>                         Depending on timing for OAM 1.0, might sneak in
>>                         OAM 1.0 or might be quick update as a OAM 1.1
>>                   Dan Gisolfi is co-chair (with Stew Nickolas). Dan will
>>                   focus on marketing and evangelism.
>>             Mobile Device APIs (Mobile TF)
>>                   OMTP BONDI has detailed specs available, several
>>                   commercial implementation in progress
>>                   Expect BONDI press announcements at Mobile Web
Congress