[OpenAjaxSteeringCommittee] Spring meeting (was Agenda for tomorrow's phone call)

Mike Milinkovich mike.milinkovich at eclipse.org
Sat Jan 31 12:01:46 PST 2009


GoToWebinar does have chat sessions. It also records video and audio.
Generally what we do is use the chat window to post questions. The speaker
or moderator then reads the question to the group and answers the question
verbally.

 

I think that the solution will work pretty well. The only downsides I am
aware of at the moment are:

.         Linux is not a supported platform: only Windows and Mac clients;

.         The video is recorded in Windows Media Player format, so some sort
of post-processing would likely be required to get it into a more open
format.

 

From: steeringcommittee-bounces at openajax.org
[mailto:steeringcommittee-bounces at openajax.org] On Behalf Of Jon Ferraiolo
Sent: January-31-09 11:31 AM
To: Howard Weingram
Cc: steeringcommittee at openajax.org
Subject: [OpenAjaxSteeringCommittee] Spring meeting (was Agenda for
tomorrow's phone call)

 

Hi Howard,
As I remember, the actions in this area were:
* Jon, to research options and make a proposal about how to have meetings of
some sort (face-to-face, remote video meeting, or webinars) in the spring
* Mike, to help Jon understand the gotowebinar technology that Eclipse is
using
I haven't had time to research or think things through yet, but might as
well bat things around on email. 

Here is one approach that I was going to explore:
* Set up an interactive members-only live webinar that gets recorded. The
general thrust would be like our previous face-to-face meetings, where there
is a presenter with interactive dialog with the OpenAjax members who attend.
The key difference is that the meeting would be over the Web instead of in
person.
* We could reserve a couple of conference rooms for people to attend the
webinar in the same room together. For example, all of us from the Bay Area
could go to the same conference room, and maybe a similar thing could happen
in a few other locations.

But one key thing I don't know yet is whether gotowebinar or other services
provide interactive features, such as chat sessions. (I assume they do) Then
the next question is whether the interactive dialogs are captured by the
recording software. (I assume that they can only capture the main presenter,
which means the presenter has to repeat key questions that come up in the
chat sessions.)

Jon


Inactive hide details for Howard Weingram <weingram at tibco.com>Howard
Weingram <weingram at tibco.com>




Howard Weingram <weingram at tibco.com> 

01/30/2009 06:18 PM




To


Jon Ferraiolo/Menlo Park/IBM at IBMUS, <steeringcommittee at openajax.org>




cc






Subject


Re: [OpenAjaxSteeringCommittee] Agenda for tomorrow's phone call

 







Re face to face:
Does this mean that you decided not to pursue the remote thing?

hw

On 1/29/09 8:55 AM, "Jon Ferraiolo" <jferrai at us.ibm.com> wrote:

> 
> Here is the proposed agenda for tomorrow's Steering Committee phone call.
> 
> Jon
> 
> ----------
> 
> 
> Next meeting
>       Date/Time: Friday Jan 30, 1pm US-PT, 4pm US-ET
>       Dial-in Number(s):
>             Toll Free: 1-877-422-0052
>             Toll: 1-314-655-1417
>             Participant Pin access code: 580946
>       Agenda
>             Rechartering approved for Interoperability WG and IDE WG
>                   Reminder: we did not recharter Marketing WG
>             OpenAjax Hub 1.1 (Interoperability WG)
>                   In the midst of final API discussions
>                   In the midst of final editorial work
>                   Open source reference implementation tracking
last-minute
>                   spec changes
>                   Test suite needs lots of work still, will be a major
>                   focus in coming weeks
>                   Shooting for starting approval process in March, with
>                   press activity upon approval
>             OpenAjax Metadata 1.0 (IDE WG)
>                   Only a couple of picayune open issues
>                   Final push: completion and review of final editorial
text
>                   Shooting for approval sometime soon after Hub 1.1, with
>                   press activity upon approval
>             Mashable Widgets features for OpenAjax Metadata (Gadgets TF)
>                   Mashup/gadgets features were split off (temporarily?)
>                   into separate spec
>                   IBM is working on concrete proposals
>                   Once we have concrete proposals, Gadgets TF will kick
>                   back into gear
>                   Once proposals are fleshed out in Gadgets TF, the TF
will
>                   create recommendations for how to turn into an official
>                   spec
>                         Probably as incremental chapter(s) to OpenAjax
>                         Metadata spec, published by IDE WG
>                         Depending on timing for OAM 1.0, might sneak in to
>                         OAM 1.0 or might be quick update as a OAM 1.1
>                   Dan Gisolfi is co-chair (with Stew Nickolas). Dan will
>                   focus on marketing and evangelism.
>             Mobile Device APIs (Mobile TF)
>                   OMTP BONDI has detailed specs available, several
>                   commercial implementation in progress
>                   Expect BONDI press announcements at Mobile Web Congress
>                   in February
>                   Mobile TF will meet in next two weeks to provide
feedback
>                   on the spec (note: looks good to Jon so far)
>             Mashup single-signon (Security TF)
>                   Larry Kovek (Security TF chair) is assembling use cases,
>                   requirements, and strawman proposals around single
>                   signon, user authentication and authorization
>                   So far, looks like Enterprise world needs both
>                   OpenID/OAuth and SAML
>                   Once discussion material is ready, Security TF will kick
>                   back into gear
>             Accessible Tools (Accessibility TF)
>                   http://www.openajax.org/member/wiki/Accessibility
>                   Objective: push the industry towards making more
>                   accessible Ajax applications
>                   Strawman deliverables: Best practice documents and
>                   conformance validation tools
>                   IBM is rounding up other companies to participate
>             Second round browser wishlist
>                   IE team has requested an update
>                   Proposal: do a second round in early spring using as
much
>                   of old infrastructure as possible
>             Ajax State of the world white paper and slide deck
>                   Jon has a slide deck he gave recently that is mostly
>                   ready
>                   Will send to marketing at openajax.org and
>                   steeringcommittee at openajax.org for review comments and
>                   approvals
>             Next face-to-face
>                   No good Ajax conferences to piggyback in spring
>                   Not prepared for any big events in spring anyway (e.g.,
>                   an InteropFest)
>                   Proposal: wait until fall
>             OpenAjax Registry and OpenAjax Conformance
>                   At F2F, agreed to finish these, but as lower priority
>                   activities. No recent progress
> _______________________________________________
> steeringcommittee mailing list
> steeringcommittee at openajax.org
> http://openajax.org/mailman/listinfo/steeringcommittee



--
Howard Weingram      650.846.1000
Principal Architect  TIBCO Software Inc.

TIBCO PageBus(TM) delivers ultra-lightweight
publish-subscribe messaging for mash-ups.
Learn more at http://www.pagebus.org



-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://openajax.org/pipermail/steeringcommittee/attachments/20090131/0b3ad389/attachment-0001.html 
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: image/gif
Size: 105 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://openajax.org/pipermail/steeringcommittee/attachments/20090131/0b3ad389/attachment-0001.gif 
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: image/png
Size: 168 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://openajax.org/pipermail/steeringcommittee/attachments/20090131/0b3ad389/attachment-0002.png 
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: image/png
Size: 166 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://openajax.org/pipermail/steeringcommittee/attachments/20090131/0b3ad389/attachment-0003.png 


More information about the steeringcommittee mailing list