[OpenAjaxSecurity] Fw: IE8 Ajax features announced

Bertrand Le Roy Bertrand.Le.Roy at microsoft.com
Thu Mar 6 11:49:59 PST 2008

Yes, last time I spoke with them about the w3c spec they said that they wanted a much smaller attack surface, which seems to be what they went for in this implementation. Whether this makes it good enough for the common scenarios or if this is insufficient would probably be interesting feedback for the IE team. My personal opinion is that it's good enough and should put to rest the security-anxiousness but it would be great to hear what others think.

Bertrand