[OpenAjaxSecurity] Speaking opportunity at AJAXWorld

Jon Ferraiolo jferrai at us.ibm.com
Tue Sep 18 16:07:38 PDT 2007

I just learned late yesterday that the organizers of AJAXWorld, sys-con,
have approved a speaking slot next Wednesday for a session that I proposed
to them a couple of months ago, "OpenAjax and Secure Mashups". They forgot
to tell me about this. I noticed it by accident.  (Otherwise, who knows,
maybe no one would have shown up to conduct the session!)

Here is the abstract that I submitted:
http://www.ajaxworld.com/general/sessiondetail0907.htm?id=115. If anyone is
interested in joining me on the podium to conduct this session, please tell
me. Otherwise, I will pull together a presentation between now and
Wednesday and muddle through as best I can.

If left to my own, I will probably start off with an overview on OpenAjax
Alliance, mention the Security TF, talk about how we developed the white
paper (mentioning how we started with content from the developerWorks
article from IBM security experts, then added to that using expertise from
multiple companies, then sent it to the Mktg WG for editing and
publishing), review the most common security threats and techniques for
addressing them, mention our efforts around the Ajax Resources wiki page,
talk about the techniques used in the SMash proposal, and finish with a
discussion about our efforts to support secure mashups in OpenAjax Hub 1.1.