[OpenAjaxSecurity] Proposed roadmap for OpenAjax Hub 1.1

Jon Ferraiolo jferrai at us.ibm.com
Mon Jul 9 09:36:38 PDT 2007

Hi everyone,
One of my worries about OpenAjax Hub 1.0 is that it might prove to be
insufficiently future-proof. As a result, I have been thinking about how
OpenAjax Hub might evolve in the future and have pulled together a proposed
roadmap for OpenAjax Hub 1.1. Here are some of the features that my roadmap
proposes for Hub 1.1:

* Communications Hub for mediated Comet-style communications between client
and server
* Secure mashups
* Cross-frame communications
* Point-to-point communications (versus the Hub's current pub/sub engine,
which only does public broadcasting of messaging)
* Cross-window/cross-tab communications for frames that are in the same
domain

The proposal includes APIs for Hub 1.1 that:

* Are upwardly compatible with Hub 1.0
* Achieve some unification of OpenAjax Hub with Communications Hub and
requirements for secure mashups

Here is the wiki page containing the proposed roadmap:
* http://www.openajax.org/member/wiki/OpenAjax_Hub_1.1_Roadmap

I will put the proposed roadmap on the agenda for this week's
Interoperability WG phone call to spend a few minutes introducing the
roadmap and to get some initial feedback. It would be good to put this
roadmap on the agendas for future phone calls for the Communications Hub TF
and Security TF, also. (Note: the Security TF is just getting started, so
there might be other agenda items that take priority over the proposed
roadmap.)

I encourage people to review the proposed roadmap and send back critical
feedback. It's just a starting point for discussion.