[OpenAjaxSecurity] Cross-domain discussion within other committees

Jon Ferraiolo jferrai at us.ibm.com
Fri Jun 15 08:06:41 PDT 2007

FYI - This thread mentions Subspace (from Stanford and MS), Dojo Iframe
Proxy, and how jMaki handles cross-frame communications.

Jon

----- Forwarded by Jon Ferraiolo/Menlo Park/IBM on 06/15/2007 08:05 AM
-----

             "Kris Zyp"
             <kriszyp at xucia.co
             Sent by: Kris Zyp         "Greg Murray"
             <kriszyp at gmail.co         <Gregory.Murray at sun.com>, Jon
             m>                        Ferraiolo/Menlo Park/IBM at IBMUS
                                                                        cc
                                       <Gregory.Murray at sun.com>,
             06/14/2007 10:29          <interop at openajax.org>,
             PM                        <communicationshub at openajax.org>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [OpenAjaxInterop] The 5th
             Please respond to         Problematic Use Case and Push Back
                "Kris Zyp"             Call time by Two Hours
             <kriszyp at xucia.co
                    m>

One other important approach to cross-domain communication is an
alternative iframe proxying technique called subspace that you may not have
looked at, and I believe is different than any of the ones mentioned. This
a very sophisticated technique worth reading about that combines browser
cross-domain requests with a level of sandboxing:
http://www2007.org/program/paper.php?id=801
Kris