[OpenAjaxMobile] [OpenAjaxSecurity] Proposed conceptual framework for Mobile Device API security

Jon Ferraiolo jferrai at us.ibm.com
Thu Mar 27 09:58:00 PDT 2008

Hi Paddy,
As we discussed at the beginning of today's phone call (minutes coming
soon!), this all makes sense to me. I'll merge your HTML page content into
the security page later today unless I notice that you beat me to it.

Jon

             "Paddy Byers"
             <paddy.byers at gmai
             l.com>                                                     To
             Sent by:                  mobile at openajax.org
             mobile-bounces at op                                          cc
             enajax.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [OpenAjaxMobile]
             03/27/2008 08:53          [OpenAjaxSecurity] Proposed
             AM                        conceptual    framework for Mobile
                                       Device API security

             Please respond to
             OpenAjax Alliance
              discussion list
              on Mobile Ajax
             <mobile at openajax.
                   org>

Hi,
  http://www.openajax.org/member/wiki/Mobile_Device_APIs_Security#Proposed_conceptual_framework_for_Mobile_Device_API_security

  I'm not sure how much my write-up matches what we talked about last week.
  If the IBM engineers feel that I either made mistakes in capturing what
  we talked about, or if they disagree with any of my additions, please
  speak up. And of course everyone else should review the ideas and say
  what you think.

  Basically, I propose that one of the things that we should do at OpenAjax
  is work on a white paper that talks about security considerations with
  having the Web Runtime access device APIs.

I think this is good progress.

I've written some notes to follow from this, to discuss some issues that
relate to the objectives you've set out. The first installment of these is
attached - again, this is embryonic but hopefully you can see where I'm
heading.

Another thing I could suggest at this point is that I describe our existing
(WebVM) framework using this terminology as a concrete example.

Paddy
(See attached file: security_discussion.mdwn)(See attached file:
mobile mailing list
mobile at openajax.org