[OpenAjaxMobile] [OpenAjaxSecurity] Proposed conceptual framework for Mobile Device API security

Paddy Byers paddy.byers at gmail.com
Thu Mar 27 08:53:30 PDT 2008

Hi,

> http://www.openajax.org/member/wiki/Mobile_Device_APIs_Security#Proposed_conceptual_framework_for_Mobile_Device_API_security
>
> I'm not sure how much my write-up matches what we talked about last week.
> If the IBM engineers feel that I either made mistakes in capturing what we
> talked about, or if they disagree with any of my additions, please speak up.
> And of course everyone else should review the ideas and say what you think.
>
> Basically, I propose that one of the things that we should do at OpenAjax
> is work on a white paper that talks about security considerations with
> having the Web Runtime access device APIs.

I think this is good progress.

I've written some notes to follow from this, to discuss some issues that
relate to the objectives you've set out. The first installment of these is
attached - again, this is embryonic but hopefully you can see where I'm
heading.

Another thing I could suggest at this point is that I describe our existing
(WebVM) framework using this terminology as a concrete example.

Paddy