[OpenAjaxInterop] Minutes 2008-12-15

Jon Ferraiolo jferrai at us.ibm.com
Mon Dec 15 11:39:46 PST 2008



Jon Ferraiolo <jferrai at us.ibm.com>
Web Architect, Emerging Technologies
IBM, San Jose, CA
Mobile: +1-408-956-2413


Interoperability Minutes 2008-12-15
>From MemberWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


URL:
http://www.openajax.org/member/wiki/Interoperability_Minutes_2008-12-15




Attendess
      Jon Ferraiolo, IBM
      Matthias Hertel
      Eduardo Abe, ILOG
      Ted Thibodeau, OpenLink
      Javier Pedemonte, IBM
      Rama Gurram, SAP
      Kris Vishwanathan, IBM
      Bertrand Le Roy, Microsoft

Minutes


(continuing review of open issues at:
http://www.openajax.org/member/wiki/Hub_1.1_Tasks/Proposals



getParmeters


Jon: In email, Howard points out that the constructor for ClientHub takes
params, and now everyone seems to be on the same page and agrees that's
it's OK for getParameters to be on the base interface.


Javier: I've been thinking about this. Seems a bit hokey that the container
would use this. I'd like to take a look at it this week and see if I can
think of a better approach.


Jon/Rama: Sounds good


RESOLUTION: Leave this issue open



Distinguishing between multiple hubs


Jon: Howard provided options 1 to 5, and then recommended #1. Javier and I
agreed on email. Any objections?


(no objections)


RESOLUTION: Close this issue. Accept option #1, which means no spec
changes.



OK to update spec and main branch of open source project


Jon: We have resolved most of the open issues for the spec now. Javier, you
just sent email saying that you have the open source working with the
iframe/smash provider now? You had wanted us to hold off until you did
that.


Javier: Yes. I didn't really expect to find anything, and now that I did
it, I didn't find anything. I think it's OK to promote the changes to the
spec and the trunk. There is still work to be done, but I don't expect
major changes.


Jon: I think we need to have the spec and code updated now. I have been
approached by people outside of OpenAjax who are looking at Hub 1.1 with
intent to use it. They need to see more accurately what we are doing.


Rama: I agree. If the spec is up to date, people are more likely to try to
use it.


Javier: The code is now working enough for people to start playing around.
Undoubtedly there are still bugs, but it is operational now.


Jon: Any objections?


RESOLUTION: Update the spec to reflect the new APIs. Move the branch into
the mainline trunk.


ACTION JON: Update the spec


ACTION JAVIER: Update the open source trunk



Rechartering phone call


Jon: Just an announcement. There will be a rechartering phone call on
Friday. Our process requires a phone call where all members are invited to
attend. Everyone is invited and encouraged to attend, but it isn't a
requirement. The rechartering effort is mainly to extend the working group.
The charter has been changed, but IMO no change in scope. Just updated to
reflect where we are today. But people should make their own judgments.
After the phone call, the members will be allowed to vote on the
rechartering in order to advise the Steering Committee. Then the Steering
Committee looks at the votes and decides whether to approve.


Jon: Any questions?


(none)



Next phone call


Jon: With the holidays and no major open issues, let's skip the next two
weeks. If we have anything major to discuss on Monday Jan. 5, we'll have a
phone call then. Otherwise, we'll skip that week, too.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://openajax.org/pipermail/interop/attachments/20081215/b22bb8a3/attachment.html 


More information about the interop mailing list