[OpenAjaxInterop] hub code changes

Jon Ferraiolo jferrai at us.ibm.com
Thu Dec 11 13:10:46 PST 2008

I agree with choice #1, also.

Jon

             Javier H
             Pedemonte/Austin/
             IBM at IBMUS                                                  To
             Sent by:                  interop at openajax.org
             interop-bounces at o                                          cc
             penajax.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [OpenAjaxInterop] hub code
             12/11/2008 11:44          changes
             AM

Howard Weingram <weingram at tibco.com> wrote on 12/09/2008 09:14:44 PM:
> > In the JSDoc for _sendToClient(), you state that the onPublish()
callback
> > takes 'null' for the publisher ID if the publisher is a
> ManagedHub.  However,
> > if the user has two or more managed hubs and uses the same onPublish()
> > callback, they would not be able to differentiate between the
> multiple managed
> > hubs.  Of course, this is probably a pretty rare use case, so we
probably
> > don't need to consider it too much.  Just wanted to throw it out there.
>
> The following options are available to us:
>
> 1. Tell the programmer to use different scope objects
>     (which can be specified in the ManagedHub constructor
>     params) to differentiate, or to just use different callbacks.
>
> 1 works today, and since we agree that the scenario you mentioned will
> happen quite infrequently, and that the developer has complete control
over
> whether it happens or not, I would be happy to leave this as is.

I agree completely.  I just wanted to bring this up, to see if anyone
thought otherwise.

Javier H Pedemonte.