[OpenAjaxIDE] IDE Minutes 2009-09-08

Jon Ferraiolo jferrai at us.ibm.com
Tue Sep 8 13:41:18 PDT 2009

IDE Minutes 2009 09 08

Attendees
      Lori Hylan-Cho
      Jon Ferraiolo, IBM
      Javier Pedemonte, IBM
      Bertrand Le Roy, Microsoft
      Kin Blas, Adobe

Minutes

(reviewing API Metadata chapter)

handlerFunction

Jon: Lori's changes look fine to me

mix element

Lori: Does 'toProperty' need a note about the attribute being ignored if no
'fromProperty'?

Jon: Yes

mixin element

Lori: What's difference between mix and mixin?

Jon: They are a pair. mixin defines something that can be used. mix
references a mixin. mixin is parallel to class.

Lori: If you class will be mixed, does class have to be inside of a mixin?
Why have mixin as different than class.

Jon: Can mix a class without putting it as a child of a mixin. Difference
between class and mixin is semantic. A mixin is meant to be mixed and
should not be constructed.

Lori/Jon: Need more words to make sure this is clear.

mix element (again)

Jon: What about red-colored comment at bottom? I filled out some defaults
and added a sentence at bottom about how you must have one of fromProperty
or fromScope. I put red-colored note so people could review these
additions.

Lori: But fromScope has a default

Jon: Good point

RESOLUTION: Drop "Additional information" section with sentence about
requiring fromProperty or fromScope.

Lori: I'll make the changes

Factory methods

Lori: Bertrand, do you have a real-world example for the simple case?

Bertrand: I'll have to get back to you on that

singleton

RESOLUTION: Remove words 'global' and 'static' from first sentence.
Unnecessary and might be inaccurate in some scenarios.

RESOLUTION: Shorten 'name' attribute description for full stop after "for
the singleton".

parameter

RESOLUTION: Shorten 'name' attribute description for full stop after "of
this parameter".

Properties chapter

Lori: I started on it. Only minor editorial things so far.

Jon: Let's close the call and resume with Properties next week.