[OpenAjaxIDE] Upward references in <require> @src attributes allowed when parent is <library>?

Kin Blas jblas at adobe.com
Thu Sep 3 13:02:08 PDT 2009

The spec currently states the following for <require> elements that are a child of a <library> tag:

"When the <require> element is a child of a <library> element, the src attribute must be a relative URI, where the specified location is relative to the base directory for the Ajax library. This requirement for relative URIs allows developer tools<http://www.openajax.org/member/wiki/OpenAjax_Metadata_1.0_Specification_Introduction#Terminology> to relocate Ajax libraries such that multiple widgets can share instances of Ajax libraries."

Folks internally here at Adobe were wondering if this was legal based on the description above:

<library src="fooLib/" version="1.0">
                <require type="javascript" src="../bar/bar.js" />
</library>