[OpenAjaxIDE] date formatting

Kin Blas jblas at adobe.com
Mon Aug 24 17:20:48 PDT 2009

Regarding #2, I don’t like the idea of introducing an attribute for every datatype/format combo. We should just have one attribute, perhaps “outputFormat”, named generically on purpose, and just document what datatype/format are allowed to use it, and what the expected values for that attribute are for the various datatype/format combos that support it. In hindsight, we really should have named the @format something different since its purpose is to  hint the type of control to use to gather its value … it’s more of a UI display hint instead of a format.

We don’t have to support an output format for *every* dataType right off the bat, but we do definitely need something for Dates since there are a multitude of representations for it.