[OpenAjaxIDE] Agenda for tomorrow: Review Widget Metadata chapter

Steve Repetti steve at radwebtech.com
Tue Aug 4 11:26:17 PDT 2009

I have written an xDate JavaScript class which does a ton of date
formatting, and includes an externalized function dateFormat( dte, fstr ):

                // Supported formats:

                // mm   = month as "1"
dd   = day as "1"                                                YY   = day
as "01"

                // MM   = month as "01"
DD   = day as "01"                                             YYYY = day as
"2001"

                // MMM  = month as "Jan"
DDD  = day as "1st"

                // MMMM = month as "January"
DDDD = day as "Saturday"

                // time:

                // hh   = hour as "05" (12-hour clock)       MN = minutes as
"01"                    ap   = am/pm as "am"

                // HH   = hour as "17" (24-hour clock)      SS = seconds as
"01"                       AP   = am/pm as "AM"

                //
SSSS = milliseconds as "0001"

As in:     dateFormat( null, "The date is MMMM, DD, YYYY  and the time is
HH:MN:SS" )

I would be more than happy to donate it to the cause if anyone wants (I
wrote it as part of my www.xwinlib.com library).

Let me know,

Steve Repetti

www.radwebtech.com