[OpenAjaxIDE] Correction: Agenda for TOMORROW's phone call

Jon Ferraiolo jferrai at us.ibm.com
Mon Jul 20 10:01:17 PDT 2009

Tuesday July 21, 2009, at 1pm PST, 4pm EST, 10pm Paris

Passcode:           283044
USA Conference Access:
  Toll free:  1-866-423-8350
  Toll:       1-719-387-8273

The agenda for tomorrow's IDE phone call are the two remaining issues from
2 weeks ago:

(4) Any products out there with %% localization support already?
                        Jon:
                        http://openajax.org/pipermail/ide/2009q2/001196.html

                        Jon:
                        http://openajax.org/pipermail/ide/2009q3/001202.html

                        Kin:
                        http://openajax.org/pipermail/ide/2009q3/001203.html

                        Jon:
                        http://openajax.org/pipermail/ide/2009q3/001205.html
TIBCO is running into a conflict with existing products which already use
similar syntax and is wondering who has implemented %% and if this can be
changed (perhaps ## or ~~ or __MSG_key__ like OpenSocial).

Jon's 3 options:

(a) Keep what we have with %%, (I'm against that given how this is very
problematic for one of our key early adopters.)
(b) Replace %% with a different two-character sequence for localization,
such as ##. For example, ##MyLocalizationVar##
(c) Adopt OpenSocial's localization variable approach:
__MSG_MyLocalizationVar__

Jon's recommendation is (b): simply replace %% with ##. (The 1205.html
email provides rationale.)

(6) Finalizing the metadata spec
                        What implementation experience do we need?
                        Detailed spec reviews: set a deadline?
                        Target dates for finalization and approval?