[OpenAjaxIDE] No meeting today - postponed to next week

Jon Ferraiolo jferrai at us.ibm.com
Tue Jul 14 17:01:19 PDT 2009

Lori, Bertrand, Howard, Javier and I showed up for today's phone call, but
we decided to wait until next week (when Kin or someone else from Adobe
hopefully will be able to attend) before discussing the two issues below.

While we were on the phone, Howard did confirm that TIBCO has a real
problem with our %%foo%% syntax for localization variables, where they have
existing products installed at many customer accounts that use the same
syntax for something else, and in both cases this syntax can appear within
the snippet of HTML that would appear within the <content> element. In
private email, Howard and I batted around alternate syntax proposals, such
as:

Localization substitution. Instead of:
  %%foo%%
  %%entityencode(foo)%%
  %%escapequotes(foo)%%
perhaps this (using OpenSocial syntax as the starting point)
  __MSG_foo__
  __MSG_foo(entityencode)__
  __ MSG_foo(escapequotes)__

Then, for property substitution:
  @@bar@@
  @@bar(entityencode)@@
  @@bar(escapequotes)@@

But we need to hear from Adobe whether they have implemented the %% syntax
and whether they have implemented entityencode() and escapequotes().

Jon