[OpenAjaxIDE] THIS WEEK'S MEETING - here is preliminary agenda

Jon Ferraiolo jferrai at us.ibm.com
Sun Jul 5 15:04:15 PDT 2009

I'm traveling on Monday, so I am sending a preliminary agenda for Tuesday's
phone call on Sunday.

We have a few open issues that we didn't finish last week, plus one new
issue that came in the past week, plus some administrative items.

----- Date/time -----
Tuesday, July 7, 1pmPT, 4pmET

----- New phone bridge -----
1-866-423-8350
Passcode: 283044

------- Agenda -------

(1) Proposed loose wording for algorithm for finding localization files
-----------
* Jon: http://openajax.org/pipermail/ide/2009q2/001186.html
-----------
Spec just says RFC 4647 has algorithms. Doesn't say you must any particular
algorithms. Jon thinks this is the right way to go.

(2) Are we sure: no substitution on preload, postload, inline require?
-----------
* http://openajax.org/pipermail/ide/2009q2/001187.html
-----------
Jon asks "are we sure"?

(3) A few details concerning Variable Substitution chapter
-----------
* Jon: http://openajax.org/pipermail/ide/2009q2/001188.html
-----------
(a) __WID__ characters: start with ASCII alpha, then subsequently only
ASCII alpha, ASCII numeric or underscore
(b) Substitution order: localization, property, __WID__, BIDI
(c) Is XSS warning OK?

(4) Any products out there with %% localization support already?
-----------
* Jon: http://openajax.org/pipermail/ide/2009q2/001196.html
-----------
TIBCO is running into a conflict with existing products which already use
similar syntax and is wondering who has implemented %% and if this can be
changed (perhaps ## or ~~ or __MSG_key__ like OpenSocial).

(5) Outstanding editorial tasks
* Factory method example (Lori completed this one. Thanks, Lori!)
* CDATA discussion within widget chapter
* Example for <parameter> section
* Example for 'includeRef'

(6) Finalizing the metadata spec
* What implementation experience do we need?
* Detailed spec reviews: set a deadline?
* Target dates for finalization and approval?