[OpenAjaxIDE] 'target' on <require>?

Jon Ferraiolo jferrai at us.ibm.com
Mon Sep 29 04:00:59 PDT 2008

With the <require> element, we have a notion of relocatability for Ajax
libraries. What I mean is that if you have:

<require type="library" name="foo" version="1.0"/>
<require library="foo" type="javascript" src="foo.js"/>

then the tool can put the "foo" library distribution wherever it wants when
setting up the deployment area, and the 'foo.js' reference is assumed to be
a relative URL to the root file for the library within the deployment area.

OK, now to my question.

I want to make sure we are all on the same page with 'target'. Because Ajax
libraries are relocatable, 'target' does not make sense for any resources
that have a 'library' attribute on them. Correct? On the other hand,
'target' still makes sense for assets that do not have a 'library'
attribute. Correct?