[OpenAjaxIDE] Spec detail: constructor called before content is inserted

Jon Ferraiolo jferrai at us.ibm.com
Sun Sep 28 05:36:37 PDT 2008

Javier and I had a discussion about some programming details in the sample
mashup application (http://www.openajax.org/2008_InteropFest/mashupapp),
and realized that there was a detail that needs to be included in the
OpenAjax Metadata specfication.

The spec needs to say that the widget wrapper constructor (i.e., the thing
pointed to by jsClass) needs to be called before the content (i.e., the
markup inside of the <content> element) is inserted into the document. This
is because the content might have something like this:

<content>
<![CDATA[
<script type="text/javascript">
__WID__.somefunction();
</script>
]]>
</content>

The constructor needs to be called so that the object that corresponds to
__WID__ exists.

If no one objects, I'll add text to the spec to clarify this aspect of the
processing model.