[OpenAjaxIDE] Schema and spec updated per decisions on Tuesday

Jon Ferraiolo jferrai at us.ibm.com
Thu Sep 18 21:43:03 PDT 2008

I'm not sure I have a great answer. First off, the original tag came from
Aptana, and therefore there was some inertia with it. Strictly speaking,
the term is correctly stated in English as two words (user agent), which
would imply <userAgent>, butI doubt if many people would screen if it were
used (incorrectly) as a compound word (useragent) in a document, which
would result in <useragent>.

Here are the camel case tags that we have now:

<returnType>, <returnTypes>
<eventHandlerPatterns>, <addEventHandlerPattern>,
<removeEventHandlerPattern>
<childProperties>
<aboutMe>
<directoryTitle>>

We also have <messagebundle>, which we didn't camel case because we
incorporated the feature as is from Google Gadgets.

We have several attributes that use camel case, but I'm too lazy to make a
list.

I expect Aptana is the only implementer of <useragent> at this point.

Jon

             Bertrand Le Roy
             <Bertrand.Le.Roy@
             microsoft.com>                                             To
                                       Jon Ferraiolo/Menlo Park/IBM at IBMUS,
             09/18/2008 04:36          "ide at openajax.org"
             PM                        <ide at openajax.org>

                                       RE: [OpenAjaxIDE] Schema and spec