[OpenAjaxIDE] Schema and spec updated per decisions on Tuesday

Bertrand Le Roy Bertrand.Le.Roy at microsoft.com
Thu Sep 18 16:36:52 PDT 2008


Quick question: why is useragent not Camel-cased?

From: ide-bounces at openajax.org [mailto:ide-bounces at openajax.org] On Behalf Of Jon Ferraiolo
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2008 10:06 AM
To: ide at openajax.org
Subject: [OpenAjaxIDE] Schema and spec updated per decisions on Tuesday


I made lots of minor changes to the language schema and corresponding minor changes to the spec to reflect what we decided at Tuesday's phone call.

As part of my process of updated the schema, I have finally got around to checking the schema into our SVN project at SourceForge so that people can see what schema changes were made with each revision. The base version was the schema definition before Tuesday's phone call. The first update to the SVN tree reflects the changes I made this week.

Here is a summary of the changes I made:

(a) The <returns> element is now <returnType>, with a corresponding plural element <returnTypes>

(b) 'datatype' is now required on <returnType>

(c) 'platform' is now required on <useragent>

(d) We now allow multiple plural elements (previously at most one was allowed). For example, you can now say:

<widget>
<properties name="propbag1"><property .../><property .../></properties>
<properties name="propbag2"><property .../><property .../></properties>
</widget>

and

<api>
<classes name="set1"><class .../><class .../></classes>
<classes name="set2"><class .../><class .../></classes>
</api>

and similarly for all of the plural elements that we have: aliases, ancestors, authors, categories, childProperties, classes, constructors, contents, enums, eventHandlerPatterns, events, examples, fields, icons, interfaces, javascripts, methods, mixes, mixins, namespaces, references, requires, returnTypes, topics

(e) There is now an optional 'name' attribute on the plural elements, and the plural elements can also have any of the descriptive elements (in particular., <title> as the localizable alternative to 'name')

(f) I fixed a schema bug where <enums> and <enum> weren't referenced from <api> element

If anyone sees any problems with the above, please speak up.

Jon
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://openajax.org/pipermail/ide/attachments/20080918/1f16e0e4/attachment.html 


More information about the IDE mailing list