[OpenAjaxIDE] Spec and schema updated for factory method feature (paramName, paramValue, etc.)

Bertrand Le Roy Bertrand.Le.Roy at microsoft.com
Fri Sep 12 14:54:58 PDT 2008

I think it’s fine now. Thanks.

From: Jon Ferraiolo [mailto:jferrai at us.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2008 2:48 PM
To: Bertrand Le Roy
Cc: ide at openajax.org
Subject: RE: [OpenAjaxIDE] Spec and schema updated for factory method feature (paramName, paramValue, etc.)

Yes, right. I have made more changes. I hope this time it's correct.

http://www.openajax.org/member/wiki/OpenAjax_Metadata_Specification_API_Metadata#returns_element

Jon

[cid:image001.gif at 01C914E7.83F4A8E0]Bertrand Le Roy <Bertrand.Le.Roy at microsoft.com>

Bertrand Le Roy <Bertrand.Le.Roy at microsoft.com>

"ide at openajax.org" <ide at openajax.org>

Subject

RE: [OpenAjaxIDE] Spec and schema updated for factory method feature (paramName, paramValue, etc.)

I think you should remove “from which a tool can determine the name of the class”.
Also, in the example, the dataType of the parameter is String, so you shouldn’t pass acme.graphtools.rectClass without the quotes. That would require changing the dataType to Function.

Thanks for the careful review and for noticing my omission. I have made changes now to talk about passing either a String or Function. If you could review the text again, that would be much appreciated.

Jon

[cid:image001.gif at 01C914E7.83F4A8E0]Bertrand Le Roy <Bertrand.Le.Roy at microsoft.com>
Bertrand Le Roy <Bertrand.Le.Roy at microsoft.com>

Jon Ferraiolo/Menlo Park/IBM at IBMUS, "ide at openajax.org" <ide at openajax.org>

RE: [OpenAjaxIDE] Spec and schema updated for factory method feature (paramName, paramValue, etc.)

It looks good except I don’t think you made explicit that in the case of a generic factory, the parameter value can be a string or a function. Maybe we could have a second example:
<method name="classFactory">
<parameter name="classToInstantiate" datatype="Function"/>
<returns datatype="classToInstantiate"/>
</method>
At runtime this method can be invoked as follows: myShape = classFactory(acme.graphtools.circleClass) or myShape = classFactory(acme.graphtools.rectClass).