[OpenAjaxIDE] Spec and schema updated for factory method feature (paramName, paramValue, etc.)

Jon Ferraiolo jferrai at us.ibm.com
Fri Sep 12 13:36:51 PDT 2008

Bertrand,
Thanks for the careful review and for noticing my omission. I have made
changes now to talk about passing either a String or Function. If you could
review the text again, that would be much appreciated.

Jon

             Bertrand Le Roy
             <Bertrand.Le.Roy@
             microsoft.com>                                             To
                                       Jon Ferraiolo/Menlo Park/IBM at IBMUS,
             09/12/2008 12:34          "ide at openajax.org"
             PM                        <ide at openajax.org>

                                       RE: [OpenAjaxIDE] Spec and schema
                                       updated for factory method feature
                                       (paramName, paramValue, etc.)

It looks good except I don’t think you made explicit that in the case of a
generic factory, the parameter value can be a string or a function. Maybe
we could have a second example:
<method name="classFactory">
  <parameter name="classToInstantiate" datatype="Function"/>
  <returns datatype="classToInstantiate"/>
</method>
At runtime this method can be invoked as follows: myShape = classFactory
(acme.graphtools.circleClass) or myShape = classFactory
(acme.graphtools.rectClass).