[OpenAjaxIDE] <require> type attribute values ...

Jon Ferraiolo jferrai at us.ibm.com
Fri Sep 12 12:24:34 PDT 2008

Yeah, I'm not sure about this either. The effect of the <require> element
is to either add an element into the document's HEAD:

@type="javascript" => Add a SCRIPT tag to HEAD
@type="css" => Add a LINK tag to HEAD

or to cause a file to be copied (usually from the widget source tree) into
the deployment area for the generated Web page, which usually applies to:

@type="javascript"
@type="css"
@type="library"
@type="image"
@type="folder"

Media assets such as .mpeg files (which wasn't listed but is fairly
popular) are parallel to @type='image'. In fact, it would be OK to just
extend @type='image', but the semantics would be better if we added a new
keyword such as:

@type="media"

That's my favorite. We should probably also restore (as Kin suggest):

@type="other"

which would be for a single file for the situation where there is a
single-file asset that needs to be copied into the deployment area where
that file isn't either 'image' or 'media'.

Jon

             "Howard Weingram"
             <weingram at tibco.c
             Sent by:                  "Kin Blas" <jblas at adobe.com>,
             ide-bounces at opena         <ide at openajax.org>
             jax.org                                                    cc

                                                                   Subject
             09/12/2008 11:48          Re: [OpenAjaxIDE] <require> type
             AM                        attribute values ...

The <require> deals with incorporating the portlet's.
dependencies into the canvas outside of the widget's.
own "space". Wouldn't the multimedia files that you
are talking about exist as part of the widget itself, or
else be loaded by a JavaScript dependency or a library?

Best Regards,
Howard