[OpenAjaxIDE] What is the intent of the <properties> tag?

Jon Ferraiolo jferrai at us.ibm.com
Tue Sep 9 10:41:14 PDT 2008

Hi Kin,
Right now the language schema says that there must be at most one
<properties> element, but I don't see any particular reason why we need
this particular rule, and why we can't allowing multiple property groups.
If we do allow multiple property groups, we would want to add a 'name'
attribute to the <properties> element. My feeling is that if someone needs
multiple <properties> elements, then it's fine with me to change the schema
to allow it.

If we allow multiple <properties> elements, then the question becomes
whether to allow multiple versions of our other plural elements, such as
of consistency.

Jon

             "Kin Blas"
             <jblas at adobe.com>
             ide-bounces at opena         <ide at openajax.org>
             jax.org                                                    cc

                                                                   Subject
             09/09/2008 09:17          [OpenAjaxIDE]  What is the intent
             AM                        of the <properties> tag?

The description of the <properties> tag is a bit thin in the spec. So I
have some questions in regards to its intent:

      -          Can you have more than one <properties> in a Widget Meta
      Data document?
      -          If so, can it be used as a hint to IDEs to group “related”
      properties together when generating dynamic UI for user input?

IDE mailing list
IDE at openajax.org