[OpenAjaxIDE] Gadgets TF requests restoration of onchangePattern

Rich Thompson richt2 at us.ibm.com
Thu Aug 21 18:57:28 PDT 2008

Another strong argument is handling existent widgets ... unlikely to have
all followed some pattern we would define.

Rich Thompson

From:
Jon Ferraiolo/Menlo Park/IBM at IBMUS
To:
Bertrand Le Roy <Bertrand.Le.Roy at microsoft.com>
Cc:
"ide at openajax.org" <ide at openajax.org>
Date:
Re: [OpenAjaxIDE] Gadgets TF requests restoration of onchangePattern

> So what’s the argument for having the pattern at all? (other than
> it’s already implemented)

I'm not sure what all of the arguments are, but here are ones that I
remember from today's phone call.

Here is a weak argument: because the widget author prefers to name his
callbacks in a different way

A stronger argument is that some developers will want to offer a single
callback function to cover all properties, such as
propertyChangeCallback(), especially if his widget has many similar
properties. Then he could say:

<properties onchangePattern-"propertyChangeCallback">
<property name="prop1" .../>
<property name="prop2" .../>
etc.
</properties>