[OpenAjaxIDE] Localization

Jon Ferraiolo jferrai at us.ibm.com
Tue Aug 5 16:09:25 PDT 2008

I'll push back a bit on this, also, but from a different angle. Are we sure
that downloading multiple message bundle files will have a non-negligible
impact on performance? Suppose you have a widget that uses an Ajax toolkit
such as Dojo or Ext for some of its widgets. Dojo has a custom build system
that advanced developers can use, but Ext (last I heard) hasn't released
anything official in this area. Therefore, there are going to be a lot of
widgets that use Dojo and Ext in their default configuration, which means
countless small network requests for the various JavaScript, CSS and image
files within those toolkits that are pulled down on an on-demand basis. I'm
wondering if a few small XML files are really going to matter all that
much? And what's the status of HTTP 1.1 pipelining support these days (with
its higher performance ability to download many small files from the same
site)?

             Bertrand Le Roy
             <Bertrand.Le.Roy@
             microsoft.com>                                             To
             Sent by:                  Rich Thompson/Watson/IBM at IBMUS,
             ide-bounces at opena         "ide at openajax.org"
             jax.org                   <ide at openajax.org>
                                                                        cc

             08/05/2008 03:05                                      Subject
             PM>                       Re: [OpenAjaxIDE] Localization

Wouldn’t you need only one culture loaded at a time?