[OpenAjaxIDE] <event>

Bertrand Le Roy Bertrand.Le.Roy at microsoft.com
Tue Aug 5 11:58:07 PDT 2008

We would use it.

From: ide-bounces at openajax.org [mailto:ide-bounces at openajax.org] On Behalf Of Jon Ferraiolo
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2008 11:10 AM
To: ide at openajax.org
Subject: [OpenAjaxIDE] <event>

Aptana doesn't have an <event> element, and neither does the JSDoc Toolkit, but we do. It is meant for toolkit-specific event systems, such as the Dojo topic bus. For OpenAjax events using the Hub, we use the <topic> element instead.

Right now the schema for the <event> element says:

event_element = element event {
event_content & event_attributes & foreign_nodes
}
event_content = (
parameter_element* & parameters_element? & returns_element? &
descriptive_elements & compatibility_elements
# Research the above, make consistent with the spec
# <parameters>? <returns>?
)
event_attributes = (
empty
}

The background on this is that we decided to have an <event> element way back when we worked through our API comparison matrix at:

* http://www.openajax.org/member/wiki/JavaScript_API_Comparison_Matrix

However, since we made that decision, JSDoc toolkit seems to have dropped the @event tag.

Is anyone going to use the <event> element? Maybe we should drop it. If we keep it, then what attributes and child elements should it have?