[OpenAjaxIDE] Widget JavaScript logic needs a way to get a connection handle to Hub

Jon Ferraiolo jferrai at us.ibm.com
Tue Aug 5 11:29:27 PDT 2008

As I have developed some mashup widgets using the reference implementation
(http://www.openajax.org/2008_InteropFest/refimpl), I noticed that we don't
have a standard way that widgets can get a handle to the OpenAjax Hub in
order to invoke the connHandle.publish() and connHandle.subscribe() APIs
that are defined in the Hub 1.1. spec:

*
http://www.openajax.org/member/wiki/OpenAjax_Hub_1.1_Specification_Managed_Hub_APIs

Javier and I chatted about this and his proposal is that each widget
wrapper class (the jsClass attribute on the <widget> element) will have the
following API:

* getHubConnectionHandle()

For example:

<javascript location="atEnd">
function MyCallback(...) { ... }
hubConnectionHandle = this.getHubConnectionHandle();
hubConnectionHandle.subscribe("org.acme.foo",MyCallback);
</javascript>

Any comments?