[OpenAjaxIDE] Should macro substitution work on<require>JavaScript files?

Kin Blas jblas at adobe.com
Tue Aug 5 11:19:55 PDT 2008

But what if the developer needs to configure/initialize something with
data related to a specific instance before something is included? How
would someone set something up like this?

<script type="text/javascript">

var GalleryConfiguration = {
	autoStart: true,
	selector: "#main .slideshow"
};

</script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="gallery.js"></script>

Where the selector was something the developer expected the user to
provide? Based on current location attribute values, it seems like the
assumption for <javascript> is that it will be inserted inside the
of code into the head?

If you say that we can extend the <javascript> "location" attribute to
insert into the head, how do we say that we need it to go *before* a
specific <require> includeRef?

Other related questions I was going to bring up:

- Is the expectation that the content of a <javascript> tag be just the
JS code? That is there should be know <script>/</script> wrapper tags
around the code inside the <javascript> tag.

- I just wanted to confirm that <![CDATA[]]> is only needed for most
tags if special chars are included, right? So if I have some
<javascript> code and it never uses '<', '>', I don't need to wrap it
with <![CDATA[]]> right?

- <preload> and <postload> code ... can this code contain macros? (You
asked this one already.)

- <postload> code ... does this mean insert the code immediately after
the <script> or <link> tag? What happens if the asset is an image or
other non CSS/JS asset? Some browsers like Safari load CSS async.