[OpenAjaxIDE] <event>

Jon Ferraiolo jferrai at us.ibm.com
Tue Aug 5 11:10:22 PDT 2008

Aptana doesn't have an <event> element, and neither does the JSDoc Toolkit,
but we do. It is meant for toolkit-specific event systems, such as the Dojo
topic bus. For OpenAjax events using the Hub, we use the <topic> element
instead.

Right now the schema for the <event> element says:

event_element = element event {
  event_content  &  event_attributes  &  foreign_nodes
}
event_content = (
  parameter_element*  &  parameters_element?  &  returns_element?  &
  descriptive_elements  &  compatibility_elements
  # Research the above, make consistent with the spec
  # <parameters>? <returns>?
)
event_attributes = (
  empty
}

The background on this is that we decided to have an <event> element way
back when we worked through our API comparison matrix at:

* http://www.openajax.org/member/wiki/JavaScript_API_Comparison_Matrix

However, since we made that decision, JSDoc toolkit seems to have dropped
the @event tag.

Is anyone going to use the <event> element? Maybe we should drop it. If we
keep it, then what attributes and child elements should it have?