[OpenAjaxIDE] Default for <returns> is void?

Jon Ferraiolo jferrai at us.ibm.com
Tue Aug 5 10:12:49 PDT 2008

Hi Kin,
I had misread the ECMA-262 spec. You are right. There is no 'void' data
type, and there is indeed an "Undefined" data type. (Uppercase instead of
lowercase). I believe what we need to do to the spec is:

(1) Say that the lack of a <returns> sub-element is equivalent to <returns
datatype="Undefined"/>
(2) In the description of the 'datatype' attribute, change "void" to
"Undefined"

Jon

             "Kin Blas"
             <jblas at adobe.com>
             ide-bounces at opena         <ide at openajax.org>
             jax.org                                                    cc

                                                                   Subject
             08/05/2008 09:28          Re: [OpenAjaxIDE] Default for
             AM                        <returns> is void?

Why not have it be “undefined” to be consistent with JS since there is no
“void” data type?