[OpenAjaxIDE] OpenAjax API Metadata spec problems

Jon Ferraiolo jferrai at us.ibm.com
Fri Jul 18 11:44:47 PDT 2008

Hi Phil,
I have updated the schema. See inline comments below for details.
Jon

ide-bounces at openajax.org wrote on 07/15/2008 10:05:34 AM:

> Here are some problems I have seen while I have started implementation of
> API metadata.
> Most of these are probably minor problems in the schema.
>
> 1) there is no "descriptive_elements" defined.  Assuming the
> descriptive_elements are all the elements in the Descriptive chapter, it
> would mean you could have an "Author" tag for each method, field, class,
> etc.  Do we
> want that everywhere?

Fixed previously.

> 2) the "ancestor" element is not referenced by anything.>

We talked about "ancestor" at the phone call. I removed the comments from
"mix" and "namespace", added "ancesor" as a child of "interface", and also
as "mixin". Then sent an email to Ingo to see if this makes sense to him.

> 3) Should the "alias" tag be a child of the "api" tag?  it makes sense
for
> classes, but not sure about being at the top level.

I sent an email to Ingo about this.

> 4) shouldn't "event" be contained by "class"?

Fixed.

> 5)  should the "constructor" tag have the "scope" attribute.   This would
> mean you can have a static constructor.

Removed scope from "constructor".

> 6) the "exception" element used to have a (data)type, it is no longer
> there, should it be?

Restored "datatype" on "exception". Also, removed "parameter" and
"returns", which I believe was a mistake.

> 7) fields_element is not referenced

Fixed.