[OpenAjaxIDE] Questions about <ancestor>

Jon Ferraiolo jferrai at us.ibm.com
Fri Jul 18 10:30:06 PDT 2008

Hi Ingo,
At Tuesday's phone call, we talked about which elements can have an
<ancestor> child element. Here is what we concluded:

* Elements that can have an <ancestor> child element:
-- <class> and <interface>
* Elements that should not have an <ancestor> child element:
-- <namespace> and <mix>
* Unsure about:
-- <mixin>

My logic is that <mixin> should allow for <ancestor> child elements. This
would mean that the <mixin> consists of all of the properties and methods
that are defined in the <mixin> plus all of the properties and methods from
any ancestors.

I took the action to send you this email. Do you have an informed opinion
on this?