[OpenAjaxIDE] proposal for widget child properties

Phil Berkland berkland at us.ibm.com
Tue Jul 15 07:49:53 PDT 2008

For some toolkits, a container widget will add a property to their
children, for instance a layout widget might add a "alignment" property to
their children.
Currently there is nothing in the metadata to handle this.
I propose the me add a new element <childProperties> as a child of the
widget element.  <childProperties> will contain <property> elements.  These
<property> elements
will apply to any widget which is a child (direct child).

For instance (very abbreviated):
<widget name="verticalLayout">):
      <properties>
             .
             .
      </properties>
      <childProperties>
            <property name="alignment">
               .
               .
            </property>
      </childProperties>
</widget>

Phil Berkland
IBM Software Group Emerging Technologies).