[OpenAjaxIDE] datatype="string" format="id"

Jon Ferraiolo jferrai at us.ibm.com
Wed Jul 9 08:47:02 PDT 2008

I think we should add a 5th type ('id') for 'format'.

             "Lori Hylan-Cho"
             <lorihc at adobe.com
             Sent by:                  <ide at openajax.org>
             ide-bounces at opena                                          cc
             jax.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [OpenAjaxIDE] datatype="string"
             07/09/08 08:01 AM         format="id"

hi all

I was looking through the Datatypes chapter and noticed that we have
formats for length, color, class, and style, but we don't have one for
id. Is the assumption that format="id" can be inferred from the property
name="id"?

(I ask because a format of id would indicate that the value must be
unique on the page, and thus that a default value of "calendar" would
need to be incremented to "calendar2" if an element with the id of
"calendar" already existed.)

cheers,