[OpenAjaxIDE] Some questions for Ingo (and everyone else)

Jon Ferraiolo jferrai at us.ibm.com
Tue Jul 1 18:21:32 PDT 2008

Ingo,
Thanks. Here is how the spec reads now for <alias>. Please suggest any
changes that you think are needed:
-----
The <alias> element
The <alias> element can be used to specify an alternate name for an object
that a tool might use during content assist. Typically, the alternate name
is shorter and/or more understandable that the original name.
The name attribute specifies the name of the alias.
The datatype attribute specifies the name of the object to which the alias
applies.
-----

Jon

             Ingo Muschenetz
             <ingo at aptana.com>
             07/01/08 05:52 PM         Jon Ferraiolo/Menlo Park/IBM at IBMUS,
                                       "ide at openajax.org"
                                       <ide at openajax.org>

                                       Re: Some questions for Ingo (and
                                       everyone else)

Hi All,

Apologies for missing the call.

1) Attributes element: yes, editorial error. I’ve corrected that.
5) Alias: yes, the IDE would show the shortened version in content assist.
I would suggest it must reference an available method or property or else
the IDE won’t be able to show proper content assist. It’s a shortcut for
having to define an item multiple times in the XML.

Let me know if there are other questions I can help answer.

Thanks,
Ingo