[OpenAjaxIDE] Some questions for Ingo (and everyone else)
ingo at aptana.com
Tue Jul 1 17:52:47 PDT 2008
Apologies for missing the call.
1) Attributes element: yes, editorial error. I've corrected that.
5) Alias: yes, the IDE would show the shortened version in content assist. I would suggest it must reference an available method or property or else the IDE won't be able to show proper content assist. It's a shortcut for having to define an item multiple times in the XML.
Let me know if there are other questions I can help answer.
On 7/1/08 Jul1 6:33 AM, "Jon Ferraiolo" <jferrai at us.ibm.com> wrote:
Here are some of the remaining questions relating to the API chapter of the metadata spec:
(1) (QUESTION SPECIFICALLY FOR INGO) The ScriptDoc XML page says that a <method> can have an <attributes> child element, but there is no <attributes> element listed in the ScriptDoc XML page. Is this an editorial error?
(a) <class name="MyLibrary.io.xhr" ...>...</class>
(b) <class datatype="MyLibrary.io.xhr" ...>...</class>
(c) <class type="MyLibrary.io.xhr" ...>...</class>
I have been assuming (a), where we use the 'name' attribute in *definitions*, whereas we use the 'datatype' attribute when *referencing* a class (or whatever).
(3) Same question applies to <interface>, but one more thing on <interface>. Our spec right now has a 'type' attribute. Assuming we use 'name' to give the interface a referenceable name, I assume we don't need 'type' (or 'datatype'). Correct?
(4) For the <alias> element, we only have a 'name' attribute, whereas Aptana ScriptDoc XML has both 'name' and 'type'. My thinking is that our metadata spec should have both 'name' and 'datatype', where 'name' is alias's name/handle and 'datatype' is a reference to thing that is being aliased. Correct?
(6) Right now, our spec shows a 'visibility' attribute on <constructor>, <interface> and <class> (and presumably <field>, where I recently fixed some editorial errors), where visibility="public|private|protected|internal|protected-internal". Aptana has 'visibility' and <class>, <constructor>, <method> and <property>. It seems like 'visibility' should be on <class>, <constructor>, <method>, <property> and <field>. Does 'visibility' make sense on <interface> and <mixin>?
(7) I forgot what <namespace> does. Can someone remind me so I can add text to the spec?
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the IDE