[OpenAjaxIDE] IDE Issue 7: Datatypes (plus other issues)

Bertrand Le Roy Bertrand.Le.Roy at microsoft.com
Wed Dec 19 14:56:17 PST 2007

One immediate remark I have when reading this (issue 7) is that any set of complex type that you choose will be arbitrary and will always be different from specific implementations.
So I think instead of including specific complex types into the specs, we should limit ourselves to the built-in JavaScript types, plus enumerations, plus maybe CSS stuff like color and length, plus validation constraints, but only provide support for complex types through an extensibility mechanism.

Bertrand