[OpenAjaxIDE] IDE Issue 7: Datatypes (plus other issues)
jferrai at us.ibm.com
Wed Dec 19 11:06:40 PST 2007
Last week I promised to do my best to pull together a write-up about the
Datatypes issues. After reviewing previous discussion, doing some research,
and thinking about things, I have pulled together an extensive write-up and
a complete set of recommendations. You can find all of this at:
* http://www.openajax.org/member/wiki/IDE_Issue_7 (Datatypes)
I believe that this is the primary topic for tomorrow's phone call.
I have also done various things with other existing issues. Here are some
* IDE Issue 1: Toolkit identification, configuration, loading, and
I updated the proposed recommendation to reflect discussion at last week's
phone call. In particular, I renamed the 'head' attribute to
'includeAssetReference' and I added a 'sandbox' attribute to indicate
whether the widget can be intermixed within existing content (e.g., use a
DIV) or should be isolated (e.g., use an IFRAME).
* IDE Issue 3: Widget metadata localization
I added a paragraph at the end raising the sub-issue about where tools can
find the localization files.
* IDE Issue 6: Hooks for custom design-time user interface
Previously, this wiki page had no content. There is now a complete write-up
along with a proposed recommendation.
Finally, I have added some new issues writeups:
* IDE Issue 8: Complex datatypes
* IDE Issue 9: Complex parameter lists (e.g., varargs)
* IDE Issue 10: returnType or returnTypes (e.g., varargs)
* IDE Issue 11: Should our metadata formats be expressible as JSON?
I do not have a proposal yet for Issue 11. I have to do more research
Note that there is an index page to the list of current issues at:
I will talk to some of you tomorrow. For everyone else, Happy Holidays!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the IDE