[OpenAjaxIDE] Bootstrapping

Jon Ferraiolo jferrai at us.ibm.com
Tue Oct 23 13:26:34 PDT 2007

Bertand,
Does your response mean that everything else in my email is good? I assume
that the answer is no, and that your response represents only the subset of
things you could think of at the moment. In any case, it would be good if
you and others could respond with what parts sounded good and which ones
didn't.

             Bertrand Le Roy
             <Bertrand.Le.Roy@
             microsoft.com>                                             To
                                       Jon Ferraiolo/Menlo Park/IBM at IBMUS,
             10/23/2007 01:18          "ide at openajax.org"
             PM                        <ide at openajax.org>

                                       RE: [OpenAjaxIDE] Bootstrapping

A few points:
      ·         I’m a little uneasy about having the name OpenAjax (or even
      something generic such as metadata) as the file name because if the
      file gets separated from the library or gets out of the folder, you
      can’t guess what’s in there without opening it. I’d prefer a
      convention that is a variation of the library’s file name. i.e.
      prototype.js -> prototype.metadata.xml
      ·         We shouldn’t force people to put different libraries in
      different folders if they don’t want to.
      ·         The file should be discoverable from the directory where
      the file sits as well as from some central directory on the file
      system that’s determined by the IDE itself. This enables web authors
      to not have the metadata file pollute the web site if they don’t want
      it there.