[OpenAjaxIDE] Minutes from today's phone call (20071018)

Jon Ferraiolo jferrai at us.ibm.com
Thu Oct 18 13:23:21 PDT 2007

Thanks to Phil Berland for taking minutes.

IDE Minutes 2007-10-18

Attendees this week
      Lori Hylan-Cho <lorihc(at)adobe.com>
      Ingo Muschenetz <ingo(at)aptana.com>
      Kevin Hakman <khakman(at)tibco.com>
      Ted Thibodeau <tthibodeau(at)openlinksw.com>
      Greg Murray <greg.murray(at)sun.com>
      Jon Ferraiolo <jferrai(at)us.ibm.com>
      Scott Richards <srichards at adobe.com>
      Bertrand Le Roy <Bertrand.Le.Roy at microsoft.com>
      Phil Berkland <berkland at us.ibm.com>
      Rich Thompson <richt2 at us.ibm.com>
      David Wright (Microsoft)

Minutes
      Kevin will put out open call for proposals.
      Kevin summarized last weeks call.
      David and Bertrand presented Microsoft's proposal
      The formats have been in use for a while, based on .net
      Sandcastle is tool for aggregating information from xml files, used
      for generating documentation
      main file has metadata describing apis
      one of the strengths is it can describe multiple languages
      schema can be extend for different languages using different xml
      namespaces
      Jon: we want to come up with schema which supports existing
      workflows, such as Microsoft's , should be possible to merge in
      metadata from Aptana and Adobe proposals
      Kevin: agree, the proposals have overlaps
      Ingo: would there be a single file or multiple files?
      David: we generally use multiple files
      Ingo: there are different types of data, some document apis, other
      files document snippets
      Lori: are we talking about what goes into user's page, or documenting
      library framework
      David:??
      Jon: we will have to support multiple input files, loaded when needed
      David: should we to produce a schema which removes CLR specific items
      Bertrand: should we provide a plain English description
      Jon: next step is reconcile proposals
      Kevin: Greg and Sun wants to have proposal covering the area of
      packaging
      Greg: not able to provide at this time
      Kevin: Should go forward with what we have and will evolve over time
      Bertrand: point out the proposal supports internationalization
      Kevin: what is Jmaki perspective?
      Greg: packaging is important, files need to be in certain locations
      Jon: should be take the best of each proposal, Jmaki packaging, Adobe
      widget support, Microsoft reflection, Aptana api documentation
      Scott: how does these proposal cover widget get exposed in IDE
      Jon: as described in adobe proposal
      Greg: how do we specify what widget parameters are specified by users
      David: we do have 'optional' parameter
      Bertrand: should write example widget data snippet so we can see what
      it looks like
      Sun/jMaki will not submit a proposal summary largely because Greg is
      out for 3 weeks.
      MS might submit a consolidation/reconciliation proposal, maybe with
      an XML schema
      Jon suggested agenda next week would be to review
      consolidation/reconciliation proposals - and hope to see at least one
      by then