[OpenAjaxIDE] Minutes posted for 8-30 phone call

Jon Ferraiolo jferrai at us.ibm.com
Thu Aug 30 21:52:52 PDT 2007

I wasn't there but Phil sent me the minutes he took and I have posted them
on the wiki at:

http://www.openajax.org/member/wiki/IDE_Minutes_2007-08-30

Here is a copy/paste from the above wiki page:

IDE Minutes 2007-08-30

Attendees this week
      Phil Berkland <berkland(at)us.ibm.com> representing Eclipse ATF
      project
      Lori Hylan-Cho <lorihc(at)adobe.com>
      Ingo Muschenetz <ingo(at)aptana.com>
      Kevin Hakman <khakman(at)tibco.com>
      Ted Thibodeau <tthibodeau(at)openlinksw.com>
      Phil Berkland <berkland(at)us.ibm.com> representing Eclipse ATF
      project
      Bertrand Le Roy <Bertrand.Le.Roy(at)microsoft.com>
      Greg Murray <greg.murray(at)sun.com>

Minutes

(continuing discussion of
http://www.openajax.org/member/wiki/IDE/requirements)

Phil: I added new requirement for code snippets

Phil: It may already be covered but not explicitly

Ingo: There are 2 types of snippets , code inserted for controls, or common
things like snippet for rollover effect

Greg: JMaki has templates

Kevin: Tibco has templates for fragment

discussion of new requirement

Kevin: must describe the sequence of includes

Lori will further refine the requirements

Lori: these feel redundant, maybe should be moved to other sections

Kevin: maybe should be a bullet in dependencies which says library should
describe sequence of includes

Ingo: is that only for a library, should also be for a control

Lori: need to know where to insert code snippets for a control, in header
or body, etc

Kevin added 2 bullets to Dependencies section

New bullets approved

Lori refined code snippets section

Discussed first code snippet bullet

Phil: should be MUST

first bullet approved

discussed 2nd bullet

Greg: don't want it to be MUST, we give the user option of where to put it

Ted: should be MUST overall, but not every library has support it, JMaki
can ignore this information

Ingo: does this cover just a single code fragment for control or multiple
fragments

Kevin: will add new bullet to cover multiple fragments per control

New bullets approved

Phil: just thought of possible new requirement, should describe control
parent/child relationships, for instance a tabbed notebook can only contain
tab children

Kevin: will add new bullet to control and metadata section

new bullet approved

Bertrand: wondering if too much is being added to metadata, what are
implications on runtime

Kevin: as we work thru implementation, things may fall out

Bertrand: there is already a lot of prior art, should this be union of
existing formats or intersection

Ingo: are we expecting this all to be one file

Kevin: no requirement that this has all be in one file

Approved last 2 bullets in Dependencies

Approved last bullet in Code Snippets