[OpenAjaxIDE] IDE requirements matrix wiki page

Bertrand Le Roy Bertrand.Le.Roy at microsoft.com
Fri Aug 24 12:28:01 PDT 2007

I did what I could but I'm not sure what we're trying to achieve here.
We have a list of requirements which encapsulate where we want to go, and we have a number of existing formats, none of which is the one we want exactly. We know it's going to take work to get where we want to go. The different requirements are not weighed except for the MUST/SHOULD/MAY, but some MUSTs are much more important than others. There is a number of other things the list doesn't capture:

*         Is the format already being used and tested against real-world, large-scale applications and how well does it do?

*         Is the scope just Ajax applications or is it broader (other languages and environments)?

*         How many of the requirements could be satisfied through a simple extensibility feature? Should the most Ajax-specific features be simple extensions?

*         How flexible is the format? I mean by that flexible as a format but also is each owner completely open to modifications?
What we need to find is which format will be the easiest to steer into our goals, which is not necessarily the same as asking which format satisfies the most requirements today.

Thanks,
Bertrand