[OpenAjaxIDE] REMINDER: OpenAjax IDE Task Force Call Thursday Mar-8, 9am PST, noon EST, 6pm Paris

Jon Ferraiolo jferrai at us.ibm.com
Tue Mar 6 17:06:40 PST 2007

(Adding server tf to the discussion)

             "Kevin Hakman"
             <khakman at tibco.co
             03/06/2007 04:44                                           cc
             PM                        <ide at openajax.org>
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [OpenAjaxIDE] REMINDER:
                                       OpenAjax IDE Task Force Call
                                       Thursday Mar-8,9am PST, noon EST,
                                       6pm Paris

Let’s discuss that a bit under “other business” and manage time
accordingly.

JON: Fine with me.

Are you thinking the TF grows up into a Working Group?

JON: Yes. IDE TF and Server TF merge into an Integration Working Group.

Seems the work that’s underway in the TF is pretty much what you’ve
described as the objective for a working group.

JON: Yes. The TFs seem to be figuring out what the industry needs. The main
purpose of a TF is to figure out what should be done. The reason why we
need to transition to a WG is so that all Materials and Specifications will
be subject to our Development Process.

When you say “server framework” do you mean author-time activities related
to a server framework, or runtime processes?

JON: I think that we need to support all of the following: author-time
support for server-side Ajax toolkits such as GWT and JSF; author-time
support for client-side Ajax toolkits such as Dojo; and whatever metadata
needed by either author-time needs, server processing, and runtime
processing; and we won't do everything in the first version, and instead
will prioritize particular features for the first release.

Kevin Hakman
Director, Developer Evangelism
Co-Founder General Interface Enterprise Ajax Toolkit
P: (415) 225-4259  E: khakman at tibco.com
TIBCO Software Inc.

All information in this email is proprietary and confidential.