[OpenAjaxIDE] [OpenAjaxServerTF] Use-Cases

Jon Ferraiolo jferrai at us.ibm.com
Tue Jan 30 09:42:06 PST 2007

Hi Christophe,
Thanks for this contribution!

I copied your use cases below onto a new wiki page to hold the server tf's
use cases as they develop:

http://www.openajax.org/member/wiki/Server_TF/usecases

I also copied the use cases onto
http://www.openajax.org/member/wiki/IDE_TF/usecases just as a reminder so
that the IDE TF will take into account issues having to do with server
framework integration, but I expect the IDE TF to modify or remove what I
put onto that page because your description was appropriate for Server TF,
not IDE TF.

Jon

Jon Ferraiolo <jferrai at us.ibm.com>
Web Architect, Emerging Technologies
IBM, Menlo Park, CA
Mobile: +1-650-926-5865

             Christophe Jolif
             <cjolif at ilog.fr>
             server-bounces at op         server at openajax.org
             enajax.org                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             01/30/2007 07:37          [OpenAjaxServerTF] Use-Cases
             AM

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately I didn't have as much time as I expected to work on these
use-cases. Anyway here is a first draft of the use-cases that I can
extract from what ILOG has faced until now when it comes to Ajax &
server-side components. They are not going too far but I hope it can
help discussions to happen...

*Use Case 1*

User of toolkit A, an Ajax-enabled JSF components toolkit, wants to
integrate with components of toolkit B, also providing Ajax-enabled JSF
components.

-He wants to be able to use the two of them in the same JSF page without
having them stepping on each other.
-He wants to have similar or even better common ways to configure them
with respect to the Ajax integration (e.g. registration of Ajax request
handler on the server).
-And optionally he wants them to be able to share the same communication
layer.

*Use Case 2*

User of toolkit A, an Ajax-enable JSF components toolkit, wants to
integrate with components of toolkit C, a pure Ajax client-side toolkit.

-He wants to be able to use the two of them in the same JSF page without
having them stepping on each other.

Hope this helps,
--
Christophe