[OpenAjaxGadgets] Minutes 2009-04-27

Jon Ferraiolo jferrai at us.ibm.com
Mon Apr 27 13:30:12 PDT 2009





Gadgets Minutes 2009-04-27



URL: http://www.openajax.org/member/wiki/Gadgets_Minutes_2009-04-27


                                                                            
                                                                            
                                                                            




Attendees
      Jon Ferraiolo, IBM
      Stew Nickolas, IBM
      Javier Pedemonte, IBM
      Adam Peller, IBM
      Howard Weingram, TIBCO

Original Agenda
      Issue 1: Rename 'default' to 'defaultvalue'?
      Issue 3: 'sharedName' vs 'sharedAs' (was Remove 'topic' attribute
      from <property> element)
      Issue 5: questions about "topic" sub-elements
            Need to clean up schema and spec relative to PARAMETER,
            RETURNTYPE and PROPERTY children of TOPIC
            RESOLVED IN EMAIL?
            Howard:
            http://openajax.org/pipermail/gadgets/2009-April/000175.html
            Jon:
            http://openajax.org/pipermail/gadgets/2009-April/000186.html
            Howard:
            http://openajax.org/pipermail/gadgets/2009-April/000187.html
      Issue 6: type checking inbound messages & data being stored
            RESOLVED IN EMAIL?
            Responsibility of widget to verify correctness of incoming
            messages
            Howard:
            http://openajax.org/pipermail/gadgets/2009-April/000176.html
            Rich:
            http://openajax.org/pipermail/gadgets/2009-April/000177.html
            Jon:
            http://openajax.org/pipermail/gadgets/2009-April/000178.html
            Howard:
            http://openajax.org/pipermail/gadgets/2009-April/000185.html
      Issue 7: widget onUnload vs onShutdown
            unload and shutdown the same thing?
            Howard:
            http://openajax.org/pipermail/gadgets/2009-April/000191.html
            Jon:
            http://openajax.org/pipermail/gadgets/2009-April/000197.html
      Issue 8: sizeChanged event questions
            RESOLVED IN EMAIL? (inner boundaries)
            Howard:
            http://openajax.org/pipermail/gadgets/2009-April/000192.html
            Jon:
            http://openajax.org/pipermail/gadgets/2009-April/000198.html
      Issue 9: Does JAVASCRIPT need a mode attribute?
            Howard:
            http://openajax.org/pipermail/gadgets/2009-April/000194.html
            Jon:
            http://openajax.org/pipermail/gadgets/2009-April/000203.html





Minutes

Issue 1: Rename 'default' to 'defaultvalue'?


RESOLUTION: Discuss this at IDE WG phone call tomorrow


Adam: Should it be defaultValue instead of defaultvalue?


Howard: Yes, that's right





Issue 3: 'sharedName' vs 'sharedAs' (was Remove 'topic' attribute from
<property> element)


Jon: Have we converged on 'sharedAs'?


(everyone else): Yes


RESOLUTION: Rename 'topic' to 'sharedAs'





Issue 5: questions about "topic" sub-elements


Jon: This was about how a topic must be JSON serializable, so cannot have
Function descendants. I included red-colored notes in the spec but haven't
updated the schema yet. I think this is resolved. Anyone object?


(no objections)


RESOLUTION: Was resolved in email





Issue 6: type checking inbound messages & data being stored


Jon: In email, I said that it isn't really feasible for widget framework to
do type checking on property values against a schema. For one thing, there
isn't a formal standard yet for JSON schema.


Adam: Kris Zyp has done good work here


Jon: Yes, and I've talked with him recently about possible OpenAjax
involvement. He wanted to know whether to submit to IETF or OpenAjax. What
I suggested was send to IDE WG for review and then submit to IETF. That way
we get both communities involved. If we like the result from IETF, OpenAjax
could then somehow endorse that standard.


Howard: I agree that IDE WG should be involved.


Jon: Actually, maybe Kris could submit in conjunction with OpenAjax and/or
the IDE WG somehow.


Adam: Couldn't we layer in a schema checker later?


Howard: Yes. But makes sense for now to leave this as an application layer
responsibility.


RESOLUTION: Widget framework does not do type check verification with v1





Issue 7: widget onUnload vs onShutdown


Jon: Did we resolve in email that for v1 we would only have unload and not
a separate shutdown?


(answer: yes)


RESOLUTION: Do not have a separate shutdown event in v1





Issue 8: sizeChanged event questions


Jon: Howard suggested that size information is about the inner boundaries
of the widget. I believe this was resolved in email and in fact Howard has
updated the widget APIs wiki page.


RESOLUTION: sizes represent inner boundary sizes





Issue 9: Does JAVASCRIPT need a mode attribute?


Jon: Howard sent email and I responded that JAVASCRIPT element should not
have a 'mode' attribute. Is that OK?


Howard: Yes


RESOLUTION: No 'mode' attribute on JAVASCRIPT





Subsequent phone calls: as-needed basis


Jon: All done with issues. What I propose is that we only have Gadgets TF
phone calls when we have open issues to discuss. That means scheduling them
on an as-needed basis. OK with everyone?


(agreed)




-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://openajax.org/pipermail/gadgets/attachments/20090427/63f174eb/attachment.html 
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: ecblank.gif
Type: image/gif
Size: 45 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://openajax.org/pipermail/gadgets/attachments/20090427/63f174eb/attachment.gif 


More information about the gadgets mailing list